8 Strategies for Boosting Your Optimism
Your outlook in life is so important, and yet many people never give it much thought. If you’re optimistic, you’ll open doors for yourself and lead a happy life. However, with a negative mindset, you could end up in places that you never intended to be. This isn’t some fairytale ideal; it’s absolutely true!
Being optimistic might seem like a large task, but there are simple things you can do to improve your outlook. If you practice each day, you’ll be doing yourself a great favor, since your mindset is the very foundation for achieving success and fulfillment.
Here are some easy techniques you can use to boost your optimism:
- Avoid getting hung up on one thing. Sometimes you may feel like there’s one situation that’s holding you back. Maybe there’s just one thing that has seemingly ruined your day. Resolve to let it go so it doesn’t bother you anymore. After all, there’s a whole world out there just waiting for you to experience!
- Remember that there’s always a silver lining. If you’re having a bad week, it’s not a reason to let negativity cloud your thinking. Seek the silver lining in every challenging situation. Remember that setbacks often occur right before you reach success.
- Get over the past. Remember that the past is the past; it doesn’t need to keep repeating itself. In fact, if you keep recalling the past, you are the one taking it with you into your future. Learn how to let it go no matter how painful it might have been. The future can be filled with great things, but a great future can only start when you’ve come to terms with your past.
- Be thankful. Make a list of all the things you’re thankful for in your life. Include even the smallest things, like the lucky penny you found on the street or the loving hug your partner gave you today. You’ll most likely end up with a long list that you can look to whenever you feel like you’re slipping into negativity.
- Use positive affirmations. Nothing brings out optimism like the use of affirmations. These positive statements bring optimistic energy into your present. They are a way of communicating with your subconscious mind so you can maintain control over how you feel. Use them every day and every time you need a boost of positivity.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Humans are social beings that can feel the energy of others. Have fun with positive and supportive friends and family members. Just being around positive people can lift you up when you’re feeling down.
- Watch your language. Do you speak positively to yourself and others, or are you judgmental and negative? Try to shift over to only positive speech. Practice using upbeat words while you focus on the positive in every situation.
- Remember that even a positive life has ups and downs. Life won’t always be perfect, but there are many ways you can still make the best of it. Accept the fact that bad things will happen from time to time, but avoid dwelling on these things. You’ll bounce back if you remain open to optimism.
Optimist International is an association of more than 2,900 Optimist Clubs around the world dedicated to “Bringing Out the Best in Kids.” Adult volunteers join Optimist Clubs to conduct positive service projects in their communities aimed at providing a helping hand to youth. With their upbeat attitude, Optimist Club members help empower young people to be the best that they can be.
The Optimist Creed is shared below to help you boost your optimism…
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
In the end, you’ll find that simple things can boost your optimism. You don’t need to wait for some grand opportunity; just open your eyes to the beauty of the world around you and you’ll see wonderful things!
Success and wealth love action. Begin the process for attracting phenomenal success and wealth into your life by implementing what you have just learned. Start with these easy three steps:
1) Imagine your business being better by implementing the strategies you just learned.
2) Decide which two or three things you will implement in your business as a result of the information you just read. Identify one thing you plan to do immediately.
3) Act on one strategy you learned within the next 24 hours. Ask someone to hold you accountable. Your success depends on it.