Break Your Own Record Everyday! Bringing Your Goals to Reality
The goal in life is not surpass the competition, but to surpass the expectations we set for ourselves. Success is sweetest when we break our own record then wake up the next day ready to do it all over again.
Often times we don’t reach our goals and surpass our own expectations because we don’t have a plan for reaching those goals. Here are some tips to help you break your own record and achieve your goals:
- Clarify your goals. Instead of thinking of your goals as vague ideas, determine exactly what you want. If you want money, how much do you want? If you want to lose weight, how much? Specify your goal in a measurable format.
- Make a solid plan. The planning phase is very important. This is where you figure out how you’re going to get what you want. It’s as simple as choosing a path toward your goal and writing down each step you’ll need to take to achieve it.
- Hold yourself to deadlines. Give yourself a reasonable amount of time to achieve each step and hold yourself accountable. When the going gets tough, just picture that big payoff you’ll enjoy when you get past your hurdles and achieve your goal.
- Be prepared to deal with setbacks. Expect the unexpected. Sometimes, things go awry. When facing a setback, learn what you can from the situation and then fight your way back into the game. Most importantly, continue to believe in yourself. Each challenge you overcome makes you stronger.
- Explore your options. Sometimes when your circumstances in life change, your priorities also change, and that’s okay! Never be afraid of reevaluating your situation and your goals. If you decide to take a different path in life, it’s your decision. Make new goals, and corresponding plans, for your new journey.
- Be serious about your goals. When you feel that your goals are a priority, it’ll be easier for you to avoid procrastination. Taking your wants and needs seriously could make all the difference between reaching your goals or not.
- Break your goal into smaller pieces. This tip is especially important when you’re pursuing a large goal. For example, if your goal is to go after a career that involves a great deal of specialized training, then make each type of training a goal in itself. Celebrate as you complete each step because you’re now one step closer to your dream!
- Get the help you need. There are many people willing to help you reach your goals in life. Whether it’s someone to lean on to give you an extra confidence push, or someone to outsource work to, it’ll show you that you can count on others for help. With help, you can accomplish more.
It all comes down to your attitude. Once you’ve got your goals organized, if you have a positive mindset about achieving them, you’ll also have the drive necessary to keep working until you reach success. Take these strategies to heart, and live the life you desire – and deserve!