7 Ways to Increase Newsletter Sign-Ups
One of the most powerful ways to connect with your clients and patients is through email marketing. In order to use this powerful method of communication, your reader must first opt-in to your list. This means they must first give you permission to send them information via email.
According to CNET News, junk and spam mail accounts for over 90% of all email messages. Users are becoming more and more skeptical and reluctant to give out their email address. For marketers this means we must be even more creative and clever when encouraging users to sign up for our list.
7 powerful ways to increase newsletter sign-ups:
- Compelling Offer – Give readers something extra for signing up for your newsletter. For example, you might give them access to a FREE video, a discount on their first purchase or information that is of great value in helping them solve a problem.
- Pop-Over – Consider using a pop-over subscription form that hovers over the content on your website and presents the visitor with a unique and compelling offer for which they can sign-up. I use Aweber.com for my email marketing campaigns and this feature is included in Aweber’s monthly plan.
- Contests and Drawings – You may consider running a contest or having a monthly drawing to entice people to sign-up for your list in hopes of being the lucky winner.
- Refer-a-Friend – Word of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing techniques. Use technology to allow your current subscribers to help you promote your newsletter. Ask them to share the newsletter with their friends and offer them an incentive to do so.
- WIIFM – Be sure to tell the reader what’s in it for them. Use customer focused language that does a good job of exposing their pain followed with an explanation how your newsletter will help them address their issues. People most frequently respond to messages that promise convenience, comfort or a way to make or save money. Try to frame your language using these tactics. Assure them you are offering value and will not waste their time.
- Lost Opportunity – Remind them that by not signing up for your newsletter they will be missing out on something important. If at all possible, help them see that they can’t afford not to sign up for your newsletter.
Success and wealth love action. Begin the process for attracting phenomenal success and wealth into your life by implementing what you have just learned.
Suggested Action Steps:
- Research email marketing companies (Aweber.com, iContact.com and ConstantContact.com) and find the one that is right for you.
“The Money Is In The List“
AWeber proves it to thousands of businesses every day.
Learn how email marketing software
can get you more sales, too.
- If you already have an email marketing list, determine the current number of subscribers and set a goal for the number of new subscribers you would like to enroll in the next 90 days.
Something for you to think about:
- What will you do immediately to improve your email marketing campaign?
- What is your next email marketing related business goal?
Looking for a great speaker for your next event?
Personal Branding and Social Media Strategist
Author, Speaker, Coach, Consultant
P.S. Need more personal branding or social media marketing guidance? Contact us today!
Lethia Owens is Branding and Market Domination Strategist. She has earned the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation which is the highest designation awarded by the National Speaking Association. She is ranked #8 among the top 30 brand gurus in the world and she has completed a 6-country tour for her best selling book Your Brand Influence: The Art and Science of Building an Influential Personal Brand. Lethia’s message of reinvention, courage and self-empowerment has inspired audiences on Fox, CBS and NBC affiliate networks.