7 Ways to Leverage a Social Media Content Calendar to Build Buzz for Your Brand
In a crowded online marketplace where differentiating your brand and clearly communicating your value, creating relevant content is one way to attract the attention and gain the trust of potential clients. Social media is a powerful tool that can be used to help you help you accomplish this task.
That is why I developed the Social Media Content Calendar. This tool will help you organize your thoughts and intellectual property into a clear social media strategy for connecting with your friends, fans and followers.
To get the most out of this resource, keep the following tips in mind.
- Having a strategy for your social media activity will set you apart and help you more effectively build your tribe of true fans and followers.
- The best online content is either informational, inspirational, entertaining or promotional. Creating content that contains one or more of these elements will stimulate engagement.
- It is essential that your strategy includes a focus on positioning yourself or your company as an industry expert and thought leader.
- Use a variety of content types when posting social media content. Possible content includes blog posts, Facebook Notes, tweets, social network status updates, photos, images, polls, contests, quizzes, infographics and videos.
- Implement the 70/20/10 rule – 70 percent of content should focus on your customers’ interests and needs, 20 percent of content should be “OPC” — other people’s content and 10 percent of content should be promotional.
- Social Media has become increasingly visual due to site such as Pinterest and Instagram. Find ways to communicate your message in a more visual manner.
- Share your content during the most optimal times. You’ll want to post on the days and times that give you the chance to receive the most Likes, Comments and Shares. I have found that the best times to post are in the morning between 8:00 am and 11:00 am, in the afternoon between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm and in the evening between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm.
Once you have addressed the above points, commit to using a content calendar to help you organize your content and stay on track. When it comes to their social media content strategy, I like to encourage my clients to plan monthly, adjust weekly and monitor daily.
I’ve Created a FREE Social Media Content Calendar Just For You!
Simply complete the form below to access this free gift.